🍳 Now You're Cooking! - A Roguelike Deckbuilder

:cooking: Now You’re Cooking! - A Roguelike Deckbuilder


Now You’re Cooking! is a roguelike deckbuilder about running your own restaurant. Cook delicious meals, build an extravagant menu, and keep your patrons happy. Did I mention that rent doubles every month?

I’ve been working on this game for about a year, but I’m announcing it publicly for the first time today. The engine is all Zig, the game itself is closed source but all of the game dev libraries that make up the engine are open source on my codeberg.

I also maintain AYCB/SDL and a few repos on the Codeberg AYCB.

This is my second commercial game. Feel free to AMA about this game, my engine, or indie dev in general! I’m also at SYCL this week if you wanna say hi in person. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I thought that was a great trailer. The frames with the drums stopping in on “*rent doubles every month“ was a good touch. Game flow looks pretty fluid too!

1 Like

Thanks!! I hired a friend who works in video to do the trailer, and I’m glad I did. I know my way around the basics of Davinci and Kdenlive, but I don’t feel like I speak the language or video well enough to make nice edits like this.