Release party and Zig RUSH! November 1st

To celebrate the 0.10.0 release we’re going to have a release party like in the old times! Andrew will be present, I’ll host, and we’ll also have other guests on stream. This is also a good opportunity to have a Zig RUSH!, the format where members of the community share with us what they’re working on.

If you’ve never seen it, this is a past example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfsWm6TckA

This time we want the Zig RUSH to be a little bit different though: to make things smoother and allow us to see more projects, we want you to submit a short video beforehand, in order to avoid issues during the stream. In the video you are free to show us anything that you’re working on using Zig, even if you’re at a proof-of-concept stage. We don’t want to see only polished stuff. You can assume that Andrew and I will be present when watching the video, so you can add comments, make jokes or ask us questions in it. We also won’t mind if you put a bit of creativity in the video, and we strongly encourage to perform basic editing because each video will have to be 64 seconds long max. We heard from a guy that 64k milliseconds ought to be enough for anybody.

The stream will be on November 1st on my Twitch channel (Twitch) at November 1, 2022 9:00 PM Milan time (tz aware countdown: Wrestling Countdown – Countdown to Nov 1, 2022 9:00 pm in Milan) and the deadline for sending those videos is November 1, 2022 3:00 PM (6h before the start of the stream). To submit a video, just send me an email (loris att zig.show) or a DM on discord. In the DM you can either put a link to the video or directly upload it there. If you have more than one thing to show, it’s up to you if you want to try and squeeze everything in your 64s long video, or if you prefer to save some of the things you’re working on for the next Zig RUSH!. In other words, please only one submission per person, thank you. Finally, I’ll try to show all submissions on stream but, if we end up in a situation where we have too many videos, the videos we won’t be able to play this time will be saved for the next Zig RUSH! for sure.

5 Likes