Help with weird AccessDenied issue

Im working with someone thats doing work on the Jetzig framework getting it working on windows. It works on his windows machine, If try to recreate all same variables(zig version, windows version) I get this weird error message, has anyone come across something similar.

I was getting a lot of access denied errors until a couple days ago. It would always happen when I tried to compile a version of the code that was not most recent, that is, if I compiled the code, then changed something and recompiled, then reverted the changes and tried compiling again. Deleting zig-cache would fix the issue.

1 Like

i did delete the cache and zig out and try zig build run, but getting same issue

Could it be a privileged port issue? It’s been decades since I’ve used Windows so I’m not sure there’s a restriction on the lower 1024 ports like in UNIX-like systems where you need super user privileges to bind to any of those lower ports.

1 Like

I was just about to say that I got it figured out. It was indeed a port issue. Had a background service running on port 8080 that was denying me access to it.

1 Like