Zig build-exe failing with status 127 but no message

after trying my “usual” remedies – clear the cache, reboot my PC, etc – zig build-exe has suddendly started failing repeatedly, exiting with a status 127…

zig still works elsewhere on my machine (though has become painfully slow)…

is there a “global cache” i can flush???

and in general, what flags could i pass to zig build-exe to get more visibiity on the failure???

I’m not sure how to get more visibility on the failure, but there is a global cache. The output of the zig env command should have a "global_cache_dir" entry.

1 Like

i cleaned out the global cache, but am still find zig build-exe returns with a 127 status code and no error messages…

is there some appropriate --verbose flag is can use to trace where it is dying???

i turned out to be an issue on my – a cyclic dependency of one module on another (which shouldn’t have occurred, by design…

problem resolved – though the lack of any message from the compiler is still an issue…

3 Likes

If you’re willing to do a bit of keyword-searching to see if the issue is already tracked, and if not, make a minimal reproduction of it, that sort of thing is very helpful. Improving compiler errors is always a good thing.