What’s everybody working on? (August Edition)

As last month, I’m still heavily working on my s3 cli tool, z3cli, and contribute much to the underlying Zig S3 library. Since I need many features before they get merged upstream into the lib, I fetch my own fork as dep for the tool.

I was able to implement some more features into the cli tool, as up/-downloading files or objects recursively and listing object versions. Next points I’ll implement are i.a. list/abort multipart uploads, get/put bucket policies/lifecycle-configuration etc. The tool is now so polished that I can use it as my daily driver at work and maybe in the near future can distribute it to our customers/researchers as homemade tool to access our s3 storage systems.

Furthermore, I did some simple benchmarking, and happily my Zig tool beats out other popular s3 cli tools/SDK’s (written in Rust, Go and Python) performance-wise! That, surely, is accounted for by Zig itself as performant and fast programming language and not my subpar coding skills. Another point for Zig :grin:

6 Likes